A kitchen fire forces the evacuation of an apartment building

Un divan en feu force l'évacuation d'un immeuble à logements

Fire suspect who was in the middle of the night from Monday to Tuesday, has forced the evacuation of a residential building of the rue Raoul-Bruneau, Sherbrooke.

The fire was lit around 3: 15 a.m. in a couch that was in the stairwell of the building at 915 rue Raoul-Bruneau.

“Given the suspicious items, the investigation was entrusted to us. An investigator must make on the spot, ” says the spokesperson for the Service de police de Sherbrooke, Marine Carrier.

The quick intervention of the fire Service of fire protection of Sherbrooke has helped to limit the damage.

A tenant was injured in a hand during the fire.

The tenants evacuated were able to return to their lodging once the situation is back under control.

Share Button