New Sepaq strike notices during the big game hunting season

The Quebec Outdoor Plants Association (Sépaq) reports that it received new strike notices a week after its union employees rejected the agreement in principle reached in July for the renewal of their collective agreement.
According to a Sépaq communique sent late Wednesday, the Quebec Public Service and Public Service Union (SFPQ) sent two notices of strike for the period from September 21 to September 26. The notices would affect its 13 wildlife reserves, as well as Sépaq Anticosti, the Auberge Port-Menier and the sales and reservations department of the head office.

About 510 workers are affected by these notices, it says.

Sépaq employs more than 2,000 workers in national parks and several tourist sites.

Earlier this month, 60 per cent of its union members rejected the agreement-in-principle that came just before the start of the construction holidays, as their strike was to spread across the province. .

After the rejection of the agreement, the SFPQ’s general president, Christian Daigle, pointed out that even if the strongest of the tourist season has passed, their means of pressure could still have some weight during the fall.

“If we are talking about wildlife reserves and Sépaq Anticosti, we are in the big game hunting season,” Sépaq media relations officer Simon Boivin said in an interview on Wednesday.

Sépaq maintains that the establishments covered by the strike notices would remain open in the event of a walkout, but that operations with a reduced workforce could have an impact on certain services or packages.

“When it comes to the sales and booking department at the head office, this is where people call to book or ask questions. In this case, there is also the website on which it is possible to book, “illustrated Mr. Boivin.

Compensation will be applied to the users’ bill if their stay is affected, he added.

Share Button
Previous Article
Next Article